Sunday, 16 December 2012
Forces give an object the energy to move, stop or change its direction.
Types of forces:
- Contact forces: There's a contact between two objects, two people or a person and an object.
- To push: to move an object forwards.
- To pull: to move an object backwards.
2. Non-contact force: no contact takes place.
- Magnetism: It is the force the magnets produce.
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
A simple machine is a device for altering a force.
Simple Machines: lever, bar, pulley, inclined plane, screw, wheel, axle and wedge.
1. Lever:: A lever moves on a fulcrum
2. Wheel: A wheel spins around an axle.
3. Pulley: A pulley is a wheel with a rope.
4. Inclined plane: